Alireza Javadian is a PhD student and senior researcher at the Chair of Architecture and Construction at the Future Cities Laboratory. His PhD research focuses on alternative composite fibre materials as reinforcement systems in concrete applications. He recently won the SMART Innovation Grant Singapore, the Sawiris Scholarship Grant of ETH Zürich, a Swiss KTI project fund, and an Zumtobel Group Award together with the bamboo research team in Singapore and Zürich. He is a member of the ACI (the American Concrete Institute) and ICI (the Iranian Concrete Institute). Alireza received his Bachelor Degree from the University of Tehran, Iran and worked for the Iranian Cement and Material Institute in Tehran after graduation. In 2007 he received the Singapore A*STAR (Agency for Science, Technology and Research) scholarship to pursue his Master in Engineering at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) on ‘Effective High Temperature and Structural Reinforced Concrete Applications’. Afterwards, he joined the National University of Singapore as research assistant and started to conduct studies in the Master Programme of Science in Civil Engineering. Following the successful completion, he joined ‘Beca Carter Hollings and Ferner Engineers’. He also received a Master of Business Administration from ARU Oxford, UK in marketing.
Alireza Javadian focuses on alternative composite fiber materials as reinforcement systems in concrete applications. He is researching the mechanical and physical properties of the material. His work includes establishing new norms and regulations for the production and testing of the material.
- A*STAR Graduate Scholarship
- SMART Innovation Grant Singapore
Exhibitions / Conferences / Events
- “Bamboo Composite materials as reinforcement in structural concrete applications”, Colloquium “Selected aspects of sustainable development”, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, April 2013
- “Engineering Bamboo The new composite reinforcement”, 1st Annual International Conference on Architecture and Civil Engineering, ACE 2013, Singapore, March 2013
- “Engineering Bamboo”, Public talk, Future Cities Laboratory, Singapore, November 2012